Session Border Controller
A session border controller (SBC) is a device deployed for the protection of SIP based VoIP networks. Its plays a significant role in controlling signaling and media streams involved in setting up, conducting, and tearing down telephone calls or other interactive media communications.
- Built-in intelligent VoIP firewall
- Alteration of inbound calls’ ANI & DNIS
- SIP & H.323 two-way conversion
- Calls per Second (CPS) & concurrent calls management
- SIP Message Manipulation facilitates working for legacy voice applications
- Call Admission Control per trunk to prevent over-loading and subsequent crashing of switch