Transcoding means converting a media stream from one particular codec to another. It is essentially used in case the client does not offer support to the codec used by the provider. A special algorithm carries out real-time conversion of VoIP traffic, thus allowing stream conversion without affecting the quality of the connection. The algorithm completes the transition of VoIP traffic in real time. This function enhances the performance capabilities of the softswitch and adds to its flexibility.
- Pass-through transcoding
- Free and busy channels information
- Communication with multiple CSCs
- Provides free channels to CSC for transcoding calls
- Interworking between narrow and wide band
- Displays working and not-working statistics of boards, DSPs and channels